It is BRUNCH PERFECTION!! Layers of spicy cajun sausage, spring vegetables, and light fluffy croissant mingle together to make the perfect addition to your Easter Brunch table. Strata made with day old bread soaked in an egg mixture are heavy and traditionally saved for winter holidays, but Zydeco Chop Chop's version is perfect for spring the use of croissant eliminates the need to soak overnight and keeps things light and airy-- just like spring!
1 pound cajun sausage (sub breakfast or Italian sausage)
4-6 croissants (torn into 1 inch pieces)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
8oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup dry Zydeco Chop Chop
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.1.
2. Brown sausage in a large skillet or cast iron pan, drain excess fat and set aside to let cool.
3. While the sausage is browning chop vegetables into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine croissant pieces, vegetables, cooled sausage and cheese.
5. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, Zydeco Chop Chop, milk and salt & pepper to taste.
6. Pour egg mixture into the bowl with sausage, vegetables, and croissants. Mix well.
7. Transfer mixture into the cast iron skillet the sausage was cooked in or a greased 9x13 pan.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until the center is firm.
Comments will be approved before showing up.